MOM JEANS AND THE 90’s RAZE


If you want to grasp what I’m about to dive into, search ’90s fashion’ or ‘mom jeans outfits’ on Instagram or pinterest and watch yourself fall into the abyss of teenagers dressing like their mothers in the 90s. They’re called mom jeans because they’re really what an over slaved housewife would wear but teens in 2019 don’t care. We’ve revived 90s style and I’m here for it.

Mom jeans were popular in the 90s and they are not to be mistaken with boyfriend jeans(which look even more ridiculous, in my opinion) I don’t know if Nigerians are in on it, but I love it. I’m just scared of getting weird looks walking around Abuja in a pair of weird jeans.



So How Do You Achieve The 90s Look? 

It’s easy, though a little expensive for certain people. You’ll need:



(1)An oversized shirt



(2)Any sneakers 



(3)Or Vans



And the key players, mom jeans

Of course, mom jeans are not the only bottoms available. There  are skirts and these lovely plaid trousers.



So there you have it. Is this something you’ll wear? Cause its something ive been considering(but my bank acct😭)Leave a comment.

Oversized shirt? Check. Mismatched socks? Check. Cute but not too generic sneakers? Check. Mom jeans? Check. Edgy pose? Check. You’re ready to hop on #90sfashion




Comments

Popular Posts